Duration: 12 Months
Under general supervision, analyzes customer business needs and participates in the planning, design and implementation of new or enhanced systems.
The Business Analyst will report to the Sr. Manager of Technical Solutions. Under limited supervision, this position will participate in the planning, documentation, design, testing, and implementation of new system functionality and enhancements to existing functionality for multiple systems.
- Responsible for both recommending and capturing business requirements, functional, and non-functional requirements for the various systems.
- Participates in, and in some cases may lead, business requirement gathering sessions with internal stakeholders, business vendors, and partner programs and agencies.
- Participates in the planning, creation, testing, deployment, and evaluation of the SDLC.
- Evaluates and provides feedback on system requirements created by other vendors, programs, or agencies.
- Participates in or assists with user acceptance testing.
- Develops, documents, and reports recommendations for solving and/or addressing problems, questions and issues based on research conducted.
- Clearly communicates management’s views on major policies or current issues to individuals and entities both within and outside the organization.
- Creates and manages logic for robotic process automation used in DECAL’s systems and processing.
- Uses sound judgment to respond appropriately to internal and external contacts.
- Accurately and clearly conveys directives, assignments, instructions, and other information from management to other staff as directed.
- Independently establishes and monitors deadlines to ensure timeliness of staff’s responses to inquiries, complaints, and other issues.
- Coordinates with vendors and technical staff to ensure that functionality of automated systems is consistent with, and in adherence to, program policies, laws, regulations, and best practice standards by users.
- Develops and administers training, training documents, and user guidance for system changes or workarounds.
- Develops and documents business processes for users of new or upgraded system.
- Assists with development of change management plans for transition to new or upgraded systems.
- Provides business user support and oversight statewide in the use of all data systems for the program.
- Serves as liaison between business users and technical staff in the implementation and development of business process automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university OR Associate’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR Two years of experience at the lower level IT Business Analyst 1 position equivalent.
- Experience working with data systems and acting as a liaison between business users and technical staff.
- Experience automating and documenting business processes.
- Experience working on multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience organizing and analyzing data to inform decision making.
- Experience managing business functions and processes.
- Knowledge of system development and configuration.
- Advanced skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP), Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA), Project Management Institute – Business Analyst (PMI-PBA), or similar certification
- Knowledge of eligibility requirements and systems.
- Experience creating user stories based on collected requirements and well-defined acceptance criteria on a software project management platform such as JIRA, DevOps, Microsoft Project, or TFS.
- Understanding of the needs and processes necessary for process automation. Particular expertise gathering requirements for reporting on PowerBI/SSRS, ETL (SSIS), and .NET applications with Angular front-ends.
- Understanding of business user needs, and ability to translate those needs to technical staff that are responsible for the coding and development of data systems.
- Understanding of how data systems interact.
- Intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Intermediate skills in SharePoint and relational databases.
- Ability to execute high quality customer service by anticipating customer needs, providing services accurately, in a respectful and timely manner, and establishing and maintaining effective contact and follow through with customers.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive work relationships.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as a team member.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and evaluate data to drive decision making.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and sensitivity to needs and concerns of various cultural groups.